Unicast Network Device
The unicast network device uses the TCP protocol to transfer the data. This protocol provides an integrated error detection and correction and is therefore very reliable with a good network connection.
It is a point to point connection, which means the server sends the data specifically to each individual client. This makes this device not very unusable for a very large number of clients, because this does create a very high network load and also the server has to cope with enormous amounts of data.
A normal user will however never encounter that limit. Therefore, the unicast network device is the first choice to transfer DVB over the local network.
With the unicast network device it is even possible to do a channel scan over the network. In order for the unicast network device to work propperly, you have to enter the correct network settings. You get the settings dialog by selecting in the Hardware Settings the appropriate device and click the " Settings" button.
You can enter a name for this network device. It helps to distinguish the devices from each other.
DVB Control Server
- Server IP
- If you use the DVBServer or DVBViewer Recording Service, input here the IP or network name of the server PC.
DVB Unicast Device
Here you can control over which network interface the unicast device can be reached. Simplified a Network interface means a network card with two exceptions:
- 127.0.0.1 mean only connections within the same PC are allowed. This setting is only needed in rare cases and should not be changed without reason.
- Automatic means the server listens on all network interfaces and accepts fitting connections automatically. You can't go wrong if you use this default value.
- The IP or the network name of the streaming server PC. Normally the same as the Control Server IP.
- Buffer count
- The buffer count of the receive buffer (1 buffer = 188 Byte). The default value is normally a good choice and should only be changed in special cases.
The autodiscovery server list shows all active Netstreamplugins and DVBServer instances as the network name of the according server PC, if the „Autodiscovery“ function is enabled on the server.
If you select the wanted entry in the list all necessary parameters for the Unicast Network Device are entered automatically.
With „Discover“ you can refresh the list.