Webinterface - Search EPG
- 1 Searching
- 2 Recording
- 3 Search presets
- 4 Search Results
type here the search. You can also use Wildcards.
Rules for simple search:
- It's always a "and" search. This means, all word(part)s have to exist for a match.
- Searching is always partial. olympi finds olympia and olympic.
- To find whole words or phrase only they have to be enclosed in "".
- Placeholders for single chars are marked by ?. th?n finds than and then.
- Limits to word beginnings/endings are done by putting a " before or after the word. st?rm" finds storm or thunderstorm. "st?rm finds storm or storming.
- If something should be right at the beginning of a field you put a ^ before it. ^bad finds "Bad times" but not "The bad times"
- If something should be at the end of a field you put a $ after it. spongebob$ finds "Happy spongebob" but not "Happy spongebob squarepants".
- Title searching EPG-Title of a broadcast entry for the search word.
- Subtitle searching (EPG)subtitle of a broadcast entry for the search word.
- Description searching the description of a broadcast entry for the search word.
EPG Search handle all 3 fields (Title, event, description) as one (if the fields are selected). You can search for phrase which are distributed over the 3 fields. Please note: "Las Vegas" and "5th season" needs a "*" in the non regex Mode (Las Vegas* 5th season) to work.
- ignore case
- use regular expressions In the background regular expressions are used. The normal user does not need to care about that and simply inputs his/her search phrase. Experts can have a lot of fun with building neat regular expressions.
Type in a date range here if you wish. This fields can have the keywords „today“ and „tomorrow“.
Type in a time span for the search. Helps to avoid reruns.
Mo - So
You can also search only specific days.
Search only on selected channels.
For details: Recording Folder
see Time before
see Time after
For details: Output format
For details: File Naming Scheme
Post Record Action
For details: Action after recording
For details: Recording Service Tasks
Timers can now have a priority. If two timers with different priorities start at the same time the one with the higher priority is preferred, if there are not enough DVB-devices. A higher priority timer can also stop a lower priority timer to get a device. Note: 0=Lowest priority, 100=Highest priority.
These tickboxes are intended to avoid automatic recording of re-runs. if the chosen option matches a previous recording, it is disabled and shows as gray in the timer list. You can test the feature by clearing the timer list and running "autotimer" task after saving the entry to auto-record search.
All recordings are added to the recordings history database. These entries will not be deleted, if you delete the actual recording. The check for previous recordings (title and event) checks the search results against this database. On every usage of the “Cleanup and Refresh Recording DB“ task missing entries of existing recordings are added automatically to the history db.
To clear the recordings history database use the "Delete recording history" Task.
- "Rec. Title" - This checks the program name only. You can see the "title" bolded in the timeline, recording list etc. Selecting this option will probably only record FIRST part of ongoing series!.
- "Rec. Event" This checks the program long description. If the tv channel adds "rerun" to the description for reruns, they're considered new episodes.
- "Timer name" This checks new timers against existing timers.
- It compares the automatically generated timer names against the new one. This only works for programs which do create a unique timer name. The timer name is generated from the EPG title and the first 60 chars of the EPG event.
The chapter for Autosearch timer. In order that the Auto-Record searchlist will be processed automatically and create the timer it is necessary to create a Autosearch timer at the Timer page.
In the dropdown-menu Search presets are listed the allready saved searches.
Define a new Search Preset: Fill in and adjust all search fields as needed for your search. Then go to the field Name and enter a remarkable name for your new preset. If there should be an automated recording for a successful search so check the box add to auto-record search. Then klick the save-button.
If the EPG search is successful a page with the search result appears. There you can easily programm a Recording timer. Only check the boxes of each broadcast you wish to record and klick at the record button.
The meanings of the other options are the same as described above.