Options Picture VirtualPath
On this screen you’re able to setup, edit and delete so called picture virtual paths. Virtual paths are pointing to these folders containing images (pictures, photos, etc.) you want accessible in DVBViewer's OSD Pictures menu.
Add default paths
Clicking the Add default paths button will add your operating system’s standard image folders to DVBViewer. These are (among others) for example the My Pictures folder within your user profile.
Clicking the Add button opens the Edit virtual path settings window. It is used to specify under what (album-) name a folder should appear in DVBViewer's OSD.
- Enter a name as description for the folder here. The folder will be displayed in DVBViewer's OSD under the name you entered here. We recommend using a short but descriptive name. The name you enter here does not have to match the actual directory name of the folder on your drive.
- enter (or browse to) the path to a folder that contains your images. Clicking … lets you browse through your file system to select it. If you already know the path you can simply enter it or paste it from the clipboard.
- Each picture folder can be secured with a PIN code. This ist to make sure only people who know the PIN for the folder are able to see the pictures contained in it. We’ve deliberately limited PIN codes to 4 digits so the PIN can easily be entered using a remote. No need to be concerned about the fact that there are already four * visible even though you haven’t set a PIN yet.
Select a picture folder to be edited from the Virtual Paths list by left clicking on it then click on Edit. This allows you to change its settings, rename it or change the PIN code assigned to it.
Select a picture folder to be deleted from the Virtual Paths list by left clicking on it, then click on Delete. Deleting a folder only removes the folder from this list and from DVBViewers OSD menu. Your actual files are not affected.
Using this drop down list you can set a default viewing mode for your folders. This setting can easily be overridden while using the picture viewer, but it does make sense to set your preferred view as a default here.
Chose from the following view modes:
- List: files and folders will be displayed using a list view.
- Small Thumbnails: Files and folders will be displayed using small thumbnail images. The size of the thumbnail is controlled by the skin you’re using. You can assign your own folder image to a folder by placing a JPG image with filename folder.jpg into the respective folder.
- Big Thumbnails: Files and folders will be displayed using big thumbnail images. The size of the thumbnail is controlled by the skin you’re using. You can assign your own folder image to a folder by placing a JPG image with filename folder.jpg into the respective folder.
- the subfolder „Vacation“ within your „Pictures“ folder should be represented by a nice picture of a beach. To do so, simple look for a beach shot in JPG format, change it’s filename to folder.jpg and copy it into the \pictures\vacation folder.