DVBViewer Recording Service
 See also
DVBViewer Recording Service a list of all wiki pages for the Recording Service.
Recording Service Installation Guide a detailed installation guide for the Recording Service.
The DVBViewer Recording Service is a native Windows service. It can start the machine from Hibernate/Standby for recordings without needing DVB Task Scheduler or other programs and works even if no user is logged on to Windows.
It executes programmed recordings with a very low system load in the background without DVBViewer running.
For this the PC is started 3 minutes before a recording start, so the PC and windows have enough time to inialize everything.
- It is based on DVBViewer Technology, all DVB devices working in the DVBViewer also work with the service (Exception: Unicast/Multicast Network devices).
- All settings of the Recording Service can be done in the Service Configuration Program, which can be started with the right click popup menu of the tray icon in the system tray. While the configuration program is running the Recording Service will be stopped! If there are active recording you will get a warning and the option to cancel the configuration. Some setting can be done with the Recording Service running by using the Webinterface.
- It has a web interface with extensive possibilities to browse the EPG, program timers (via EPG), manage recordings and search in the EPG. From your local network as well as the internet.
- The recording engine is the same as used in the DVBViewer Pro. The parental control PIN if needed for recording has to be put into the svcuserdata.xml file.
- It can stream live TV and recordings into the LAN or internet through the webinterface, either native or transcoded (with the help of VLC Player). These streams can be played with VLC, MPC and WMP.
- The Recording Service uses a Media library for the UPnP/DNLA server, which searches in defined time spans for new or changed media files and checks the myMovies and mySeries databases for additional informations about the files. Ofcourse it can handle also ID3 tags of music files and EXIF data of photos.
- It can stream live TV or recordings to the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- It has a special web interface for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- It can be a DVBServer for DVBViewer Pro. DVBViewer can show the EPG, manage timers and recordings of the Recording Service and add new timers.
- It can stream Live TV to the Popcorn Hour.
- Client/Server with DVBViewer Pro installations: the DVBViewer can use and show the EPG, add/modify Timers and control recordings of the Recording Service.
- The Recording Service uses a more sophisticated timer concept than the DVBViewer. I.E. there are auto search timers which search the EPG for defined keywords and create recording timers out of the results. And timer can have a priority so an timer marked with a higher priority can stop a timer with a lower priority, if there aren't enough hardware resources.
- Read the detailed Recording Service Installation Guide.
- A description of all files and their function can be found in DVB Recording Service files.
- Only limited support for DVBViewer Plugins - see Plugins and Recording Service.
- Die Erkennung, welche Sender durch Aufnahmen oder andere Streaming Clients gerade nicht im DVBViewer empfangbar sind, geht derzeit leider nicht in Verbindung mit dem Recording Service. Erklärung im Forum
- Timeshift recordings are done by the DVBViewer Pro and not the Recording Service.
- Only six streaming clients simultaniously are allowed.
- Use at your own risk.